What a morning we had! We welcomed students with gusto, balloons and goodies!
It is an incredible blessing to see all your children!
We have 80 full time students in house!
We have 6 part time students in house!
We have 6 Live! Online students!
That’s a total of 92 students!
The Upper School’s (7th-12th grades) opening assembly heard Dr. Schwamb expound on the meaning of “flex” and our ’20-’21 school verse. He challenged everyone to “Flex Your Faith” in all parts of life: Academics, social, sports, home, and everywhere. The Lower School (PK-6th grades) assembly introduced 24 new students! We too learned about our verse and theme. I challenged our younger students to be fair, kind, and humble.
Please be in prayer!
Head of School
Joe and Cheyenne Gordon need help getting their children to school this year. They begin work at 7:45 and 7:30, respectively. They live in Hartford Village on Route 14, near the Post Office. They have 2 children: Annabella (4th grade) and Alexzandria (3rd grade). The children could be picked up anytime after 7:30; the girls can stay home alone for a short time while waiting for pickup, if necessary. They are willing to help with paying for gas.
Contact Joe at 802-291-6959 or email email@example.com
- Sept. 16 – Fall School Photo Day
- Sept. 30 – “See You at the Pole”
- Oct. 2 – Parent-Teacher Conferences
- NO SCHOOL
- Oct. 12-16 – Spiritual Emphasis Week
- Oct. 14 – PSAT Testing
- All 10th & 11th grades(this is our achievement testing this year for this grade level)
- Oct. 23 – Photo Retake Day
- Nov. 4 – End of JSH 1st Quarter
- Nov. 5 & 6 – Professional Development
- NO SCHOOL
Little Nest News
Thanks to Mrs. Fullerton, Miss Pine, and Mrs. Peets for organizing a Prekindergarten-2nd Grade Open House last week! This evening really encouraged our young students and their families – they toured their classrooms, met their new classmates, and enjoyed refreshing popsicles together! We look forward to teaching these “Elementary Eagles” this year and are excited to see how the Lord grows them in doing justice, loving kindness, and walking humbly with their God!
Big Nest News
Many MVCS community members assisted with projects around our campus this summer, including some of our wonderful “Elder Eagles!” Thank you Anna Loiselle, Raven Bryant, Sydney Goodwin, Hayley Goodwin, and Abel Goodwin!
MVCS Eagles Athletics
“For while bodily training is of some value, godliness is of value in every way, as it holds promise for the present life and also for the life to come.” – 1 Timothy 4:8
Stay tuned via email and the Sycamore calendar for practice and game updates! Have any questions or concerns? Please contact Erva Barnes – our Athletic Director – at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Praise and Prayer
- We have tons of new families who have joined our MVCS community – praise the Lord! If you see someone you don’t recognize, welcome them to our school and get to know them!
- So far our MVCS community has been healthy and COVID-free. We are thankful that God has kept us safe!
- Staff members enjoyed a wonderful in-service week together and spent lots of time in fellowship with each other. It feels so great to be back!
- Our lives are so different now than they were in March. Pray with us for individuals and their families who have been directly impacted by COVID-19, that God would use this pandemic to bring the lost home to Him!
- Pray with us for continued health amongst our MVCS community.
- There are lots of protocols we must follow per Vermont guidelines – pray that we would all have grace with one another as we try to keep track of so much new information!