Parent Letter – Marty Bascom
Dear MVCS Families and Alumni,
My family has been involved with MVCS for about fourteen years. My four children attend MVCS; we have spent a lot of time and dollars at MVCS. I thank you for the ways in which you have helped my family continue here. You have been a part of my children’s education whether you realize it or not. I thank you.
I started serving on the school board several months ago and my eyes have been opened to several realities. I did not realize how much my family and other families have benefited from the generosity of others. In all honesty, most of us would not be at MVCS or would not have been able to attend MVCS if it had not been for the significant generosity of others.
I believe it is time we dig a bit deeper and give sacrificially. As a parent, I am grateful for the generosity of others and I need to make sure I am stepping up and I want to ask you to do the same. Stepping up looks different for all of us. I have learned that the sacrificial giving of God’s people is a beautiful thing that God honors.
In no way am I suggesting you not pay your bills or stop giving to your local church. I am simply asking you to dig deep for the sake of all the kids at MVCS today and in the future. I am thanking you for making it possible for my four kids to be at MVCS. Alumni, thanks for your legacy and although you may have paid your dues, sort of speak, would you consider helping out?
I am a grateful dad. I am not sure my kids really understand or appreciate the significant value of MVCS, but I must trust the Lord that He will use MVCS for God’s glory in all our lives.
P.S. See directly below if you would like to be part of this generous giving.
COVID-19 – Thanksgiving Break Expectations
If you go somewhere that requires quarantining or have someone come to your house who would require quarantining, we trust you will follow the VT guidelines, and move your students to remote learning for that time period.
If you know now that you will need quarantining, please let us know the time frame so teachers will be better prepared.
We need everyone to be careful so we can keep everyone in the building at MVCS.
“Beyond the Classroom” Scholarship Fund Campaign
Like Marty said, this is a special way that you can “step up” and give sacrificially to ensure that every child is given the opportunity to thrive at MVCS. We are partnering with #GivingTuesday and raising money for our “Beyond the Classroom” Scholarship Fund Campaign. We have also been linked with a donor who will match us at the $50,000 mark – will you help us reach that goal? Head to our campaign site to learn more!
“Bids for Kids” Online Auction Report
Last week, we raised $5,912.50 in our “Bids for Kids” Silent Auction and $3,178.00 in our Live Auction! We are praising God for the outpouring of generosity from our MVCS community, so THANK YOU to everyone who bid, donated, and prayed for our school during these auctions! We are aware of how difficult this year has been financially for many, so your contributions mean so much to us.
If there are unsold items available that you would like to purchase, please contact the school office.
- Nov. 24 – End of ES 1st Trimester
- Nov. 25-29 – Thanksgiving Break
- Dec. 4 – ES Report Cards
- Dec. 21 – Jan. 3 – Christmas Break
- Jan 11 – Association Meeting at 6:30 pm
Ongoing Fundraisers *Updated*
- NO WREATHS THIS YEAR – Due to a staffing shortage, our annual wreath fundraiser has been canceled for this year. However, you can still support Nichols Christmas Trees at their retail lot, located at the Colonial Plaza Lot in West Lebanon.
- Pizza Thursdays: $2 per slice! You can pay several weeks/months in advance if that is more convenient.
- AmazonSmile: Same products, prices, and Prime benefits! Just go to “AmazonSmile” online, type in “Mid Vermont Christian School” when it asks for an organization to donate to, click on our name, and begin shopping! 0.5% of every purchase is donated directly to our school!
Mr. Ralph’s Corner
Enter His gates with thanksgiving; go into His courts with praise. Give thanks to Him and bless His name. For the Lord is good, His unfailing love endures forever, and his faithfulness continues to each generation. – Psalm 100:4-5
You know, even though this Thanksgiving is kind of different with all of the rules, regulations, mandates, and all that, we still can give thanks from our hearts for all the people and things the Lord has blessed us with! Ya, we may have to hold back on the big family gatherings, but we can still show others our love through FaceTime and all of those other fancy, technical outlets (yes, I do know how to speak a little bit of “computerese”!) It’s not about us anyways, it’s about Him – the creator of all things. Let’s not forget that!
I haven’t heard anymore deer hunting news – have you? I was out in the woods Saturday morning and saw a raven and a moth! Didn’t get a shot at either one. Maybe I need to hunt where there are deer? I just don’t know. I’ve bagged almost 50 deer in my lifetime, so I know I can do it. Oh well, I’ll keep trying. Being in the woods is one of my favorite things to do, other than eating, and being with Thelma – not in that order, of course!
Hey, have a great Thanksgiving!
Little Nest News
Wow what a fun day we had on Friday! We celebrated Young Readers’ Day, where students and teachers dress up like a character from a favorite book and enjoy enriching activities in each classroom! From dissecting owl pellets with Miss Blessing in honor of the book “Owl Moon” to making instruments and swing dancing with Miss Pine, these young readers sure had a fun-filled day! Thank you to our Elementary School teachers for hosting and to all who prayed for this event!
MVCS Eagles Athletics
“For while bodily training is of some value, godliness is of value in every way, as it holds promise for the present life and also for the life to come.” – 1 Timothy 4:8
Basketball season is upon us! Stay tuned via email and Sycamore for more updates on COVID-19 protocols for this season and practice/game schedules! Email email@example.com with any questions for Mr. Barnes, our Athletic Director.
Praise and Prayer
- We are still COVID-free so far! Praise God!
- Our basketball players are excited to get back on the court, with COVID protocols in place – praise God we can continue with their season!
- We are praising God for our new Preschool teacher, Rebecca Nauceder.
- Pray for all who are gathering this Thanksgiving to have their hearts softened to the Gospel, an eternity-altering message that is worth the highest thanks!
- Pray for our students to have their eyes opened to God’s goodness as we move into a season of giving thanks – pray that they would see the Gospel for the Good News it truly is!
- Pray for those who are isolated and lonely – pray we would all find ways to reach out and serve them in this strange time.
Virtual Christian College Fairs – Check out the link below!Christian College Fairs
“In Christ are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.”
~ Colossians 2:3 ~