Head of School Report
I hope your students had a wonderful break and are rested and refreshed. I also hope you made some wonderful memories with your children last week.
A distinctive of our school is we can bless the Lord together.
This past week was a blessing of NOT wearing a mask! I am reminded to count my blessings and to be thankful:
Bless the Lord, O my soul, and all that is within me, bless His holy name!
Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits,
who forgives all your iniquity, who heals all your diseases,
who redeems your life from the pit, who crowns you with steadfast love and mercy,
who satisfies you with good so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s.
Today in the Elementary Chapel, Mrs. Barnes encouraged the children to think about what the Lord says in 1 Corinthians 13:4-7, and how every characteristic is displayed amongst interactions at school. There were many thoughtful answers as the students participated from the audience. For example, regarding what it means to not be boastful or arrogant, “We can let others finish speaking instead of cutting them off, thinking we have something better to say” (paraphrased). And then about rejoicing with the truth, a student shared, “When someone confesses to a teacher and admits that they were hiding something, we can rejoice that they were honest” (paraphrased). Their critical thinking was so encouraging! Mrs. Barnes also challenged them to understand what God means by “love” versus what the world means.
We all pray as we grow in Christlikeness that we glorify the Lord with our love, in word and deed.
Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude.
It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful;
it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth.
Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
1 Corinthians 13:4-7
May your love shine brightly.
Head of School
- Mar. 1: Education Advisory Meeting
- Mar. 10: Spring Picture Day *updated*
- Mar. 12: End of ES 2nd Trimester
- Apr. 6: Winter Sports Banquet (time TBD)
Live Stream Link
The Lady Eagles play away tomorrow versus Green Mountain – check out the link below to watch the live stream!Varsity Girls Game
- Pizza Thursdays: $2 per slice! You can pay several weeks/months in advance if that is more convenient.
- AmazonSmile: Same products, prices, and Prime benefits! Just go to “AmazonSmile” online, type in “Mid Vermont Christian School” when it asks for an organization to donate to, click on our name, and begin shopping! 0.5% of every purchase is donated directly to our school!
“Messiah in the Passover’
“Beyond the Classroom” Scholarship Fund Campaign
Thank you to all who have given thus far to our “Beyond the Classroom” Scholarship Fund Campaign! If you have not given, we would sincerely appreciate your support! Simply click on the button below to visit our campaign site.
Mr. Ralph’s Corner
Hey everybody! How was your February break? Did you get to do anything exciting? I didn’t! Too cold! I shoveled quite a bit – lots of little snow showers. I continued to spread joint compound on our master bedroom walls. I’m making progress – almost ready to get another bucket. As far as 4 gallon buckets go, I’ve used 13 of them so far in the entire place! I think of it like an artist with a brush working on a masterpiece. It takes the boredom out of it!
I did get a chance to tally up “Mr. Ralph’s Rodents” over the week for 2020. This is a list of different kinds of rodents that I harvest over a year’s time. I’m sure you don’t know anyone else who does this! Here it is:
- Gray squirrels – 8
- Red squirrels – 1
- Voles – 2
- Mice – 15
- Chipmunks – 141 (a banner year!)
Not as good as my 2018 tally though:
- Gray squirrels – 26
- Red squirrels – 23
- Voles – 18
- Mice – 66
- Chipmunks – 41
- Woodchucks – 2
Not bad, eh? Have a great week!
Valentine’s Day and February Break Fun!
See what your fellow Eagles got up to prior to and over the break! And thank you to Miss Blessing’s 3rd and 4th graders for their generous contributions of Valentine’s bags to The Haven – please pray with us for those who receive these gifts to have their eyes opened to God’s promises and faithfulness!
MVCS Eagles Athletics
“For while bodily training is of some value, godliness is of value in every way, as it holds promise for the present life and also for the life to come.” – 1 Timothy 4:8
Basketball games are going strong! Stay tuned via email and Sycamore for more updates on COVID-19 protocols for this season and practice/game schedules! Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions for Mr. Barnes, our Athletic Director.
Tune in to live streamed HOME games via YouTube, linked below!MVCS YouTube
Praise and Prayer
*To pray for specific families please refer to our MVCS Prayer List, linked at the top of the Monitor*
- We are still COVID free at MVCS – praise God!
- Our YouTube channel has gained quite the following and provided many with the opportunity to view basketball games – praise the Lord for this technology!
- God has provided mightily for MVCS this year – from gracious volunteers to incredible financial generosity, we are praising His name for keeping our school in His care!
- Pray for the church to be strengthened during this tumultuous, cultural climate.
- Pray for our athletes as they wrestle with the reality of a shortened season. Pray that they would trust in God’s plan and sovereignty!
- Pray with us for the Word of God to be preached boldly and soundly at our school and in local churches, that our students would hear it and believe it is trustworthy!
Virtual Christian College Fairs