Giving Tuesday, December 1st is coming right up! Be encouraged about Mid Vermont Christian School through this letter from the Board:
Dear MVCS Family and Friends,
Greetings in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. We hope you are doing well and staying safe. The world needs the love and hope of Jesus during this pandemic and new normal life, and we are humbled by how God continues faithfully to carry us all.
MVCS is thriving despite this difficult year of dealing with the pandemic. We are excited to see nearly 25% enrollment growth in 2020-21 compared to the previous year. We are now at around 100 students benefiting from MVCS and enjoying a Christ-centered education and community. The students, faculty and staff are flourishing so far this year.
Division III State girls’ basketball team
In the 2019-20 school year, with God’s grace and your help, we were able to achieve the following:
- 80+ students received Christian education and five students graduated
- Achieved co-championship of Division III state girls’ basketball
- Made much needed facility improvements including replacing the high school roof and boiler
- Transitioned rapidly to online learning for the 4th quarter of the 2019-20 school year
- Participated in the payroll protection program to support staff during the national shutdown
- New head of school and changes to board, with special thanks to Perry Seale who transitioned from the board after ten years of faithful leadership
For the year 2020-21, we have already started with following praises:
- Welcomed 35 new students and their families
- Revised and lowered our tuition rates to make it affordable during this pandemic season
- Added a live classroom option for students to learn from home. Thanks to committed friends who pioneered and made this possible under a tight timeline. There are already five students regularly taking advantage of this option.
- Adjusted schedule to welcome more homeschooling families for special classes, engaging 8 families
- New Jr/Sr High classes, including Sustainable Agriculture
Our mission is to come alongside families, churches, and our community to shepherd students’ hearts through a Christ-centered education to build and reinforce Christian values. It’s our desire that MVCS students will be impacted for life and spread the Gospel in the Upper Valley and throughout the world.
We are currently in need of $200,000 to complete this academic year. While we continue striving to be fiscally responsible, our current subsidized tuition income covers only 50% of operating costs. We depend on generous friends like you to raise the rest and invest in the students and community.
We appreciate your generosity of any amount to help MVCS to continue to operate and bless students through tuition scholarships. Thank you for your continued support and prayers.
Pradeep Bokinala for the Board of Directors
Marty Bascom, Martha Bryan, Bethany Goodwin, Philip Lee
Your generous gift of support today can be doubled
– dollar for dollar –
by a $50,000 Matching Grant.
The future looks strong!
We need your help.
Your tax-deductible donation can double in value through a $50,000 Matching Grant.
#GivingTuesday is a worldwide movement of millions of givers, with activity in every country on every continent. It celebrates and uplifts grassroots generosity, and generosity as a universally held value. Here is how you can directly impact Mid Vermont Christian School through #GivingTuesday:
- Make a gift today to our “Beyond the Classroom” Scholarship Campaign or mark your calendar for December 1, 2020 and be part of the generous individuals across the country that participate in #GivingTuesday to show how much they care about others.
- Post a note or picture on your social media page and tag our Facebook (@MidVT) and Instagram (@midvermont) accounts.
- Share an #unselfie that says why you support us! Sharing about our campaign on social media will broaden our audience!
The mission of the school is to glorify God by preparing students
for college and for life through a program of academic excellence
established in Biblical truth.