Head of School Report
Dear Partners in the ministry of MVCS,
I will reiterate what Noelle put on Facebook:
On behalf of our board, faculty, and staff, we want to thank you all for your generosity during our “Beyond the Classroom” Scholarship Fund Campaign! From the start of our campaign through #GivingTuesday the Lord has moved many to give abundantly.
We will be receiving the $50,000 matching donation! And we still have donations coming in – praise the Lord for His provision!
We never know how even just one dollar can change the trajectory of a student’s life, so THANK YOU… for your prayers, for your partnership, and for your commitment to our school.
We are blessed beyond measure!
The second Sunday of Advent includes lighting the candle of peace. The peace candle symbolizes:
- peace that comes from our assurance of salvation, and the peace of mind knowing God will heal this broken world and will come again.
- peace with others, especially fellow believers who we have a shared purpose – to let others know about what Christ has done
May the Lord bless this COVID advent season and bring peace to your life.
Head of School
“Beyond the Classroom” Scholarship Fund Campaign
Our “Beyond the Classroom” Scholarship Fund Campaign will continue as we strive to increase our scholarship funds. Thank you to all who have given thus far! If you have not given, now is the time! Simply click on the button below to visit our campaign site. Take advantage of tax deductible giving by donating before the year’s end!
- Dec. 9 – ES Christmas Sale
- Dec. 11 – Online Christmas Concert
- Dec. 21 – Jan. 3 – Christmas Break
- Jan 11 – Zoom Association Meeting at 6:30 pm
- Pizza Thursdays: $2 per slice! You can pay several weeks/months in advance if that is more convenient.
- AmazonSmile: Same products, prices, and Prime benefits! Just go to “AmazonSmile” online, type in “Mid Vermont Christian School” when it asks for an organization to donate to, click on our name, and begin shopping! 0.5% of every purchase is donated directly to our school!
Elementary School Christmas Sale
Parents, this week we will be holding one of the most anticipated events for our PK – 6th grade students: The Elementary School Christmas Sale. This is a time when students can shop independently for their family members. This year’s sale will be held on the morning of Wednesday, December 9. We seek donations of lightly used or like new gifts, as well as gift bags, since students will bring their gifts home wrapped and ready for giving. **We need a large quantity this year as we will be relying exclusively on bags for gift wrapping.** Items can be dropped off at the Elementary School.
On the day of the sale, students will bring in a list of their family members for whom they are shopping. Please note the ages of those under 18 so that shopping assistants can advise appropriately. Students should also bring $3-$5 total for their shopping. Most items are in the 25 cent range; no student’s total will exceed $5. Each class will shop through our store, with a couple of adult volunteers available to assist. At the end, a team of volunteers will help with wrapping your child’s treasures so they are ready for giving.
Thank you for your generosity and bringing joy to so many students and their families!
Online Christmas Concert
Dear MVCS Family,
The Christmas Concert is on the calendar for Friday, December 11. In the Year of Coronavirus, we’re doing something new. Surprise, surprise! This year your family will attend the concert from your couch, in comfortable clothes. Bowl of buttered popcorn is optional. I will post it on YouTube, send you a link, and you can watch it together as a family. If you’re not able to watch it that night, you can watch it when it’s more convenient for you. Music classes have been working hard much earlier than usual to get a performance ready. Most of it is filmed. Now a team is working to produce all the videos into one long presentation. So, you can rest assured you will not be coming to MVCS on that dark December evening, and you can attend your child’s concert mask-free from the comfort of your castle. About my sorrow not to be seeing your hard-working children sparkling under stage lights, I will make no mention.
MVCS Music Director
Mr. Ralph’s Corner
It’s Pearl Harbor Day. A sad day in the history of our armed forces. Thousands of lives were lost as the Japanese military invaded the Pearl Harbor naval base, Vice Admiral Chuichi Nagumo led a 33 ship striking force that steamed under the cover of darkness to within 200 miles of the harbor. His aircraft carriers launched 360 planes that started dropping bombs at around 8:00 am. There were 92 American naval vessels anchored in the harbor. The US lost 18 ships, almost 200 planes, and there were about 3,700 casualties. This attack hurled the United States into World War II. Please remember all of the people who lost their lives on that day and the days following, and their families.
If you hunt small game, remember, crow season ends on December 31st. I haven’t actually gotten skunked this fall. I have bagged 5 grays so far. Speaking of bagging, our very own Reed Powell bagged another nice doe over the weekend with his crossbow. Congratulations, Reed!
17 more shopping days ’til Christmas !
Little Nest News
Preschoolers, Kindergarteners, and 1st & 2nd graders conducted a Christmas play this morning at chapel! Dressed in proper garb, these students took to the stage to share with our Elementary School students and staff about Jesus’ birth and the hope we have through Him. A big “bravo” to these wonderful little actors and actresses, and kudos to Miss Pine and Mrs. Fullerton for directing the production!
MVCS Eagles Athletics
“For while bodily training is of some value, godliness is of value in every way, as it holds promise for the present life and also for the life to come.” – 1 Timothy 4:8
Stay tuned via email and Sycamore for more updates on COVID-19 protocols for this season and practice/game schedules! Email email@example.com with any questions for Mr. Barnes, our Athletic Director.
Praise and Prayer
- We have exceeded our initial $50,000 goal to receive a matching donation to our “Beyond the Classroom” Campaign! Praise the Lord! And donations are still coming in!
- Our school remains free from COVID cases so far – thank you Lord for keeping us healthy!
- Pray for our athletes as their season has been cut extremely short and practices have been pushed back – pray that they would find comfort in God’s promises and knowing that their hope goes beyond sports!
- Pray for those who are isolated and lonely – pray we would all find ways to reach out and serve them in this strange time.
- Pray for our nation to be humbled during such a divisive and tense season, and trust that God’s purposes will not be thwarted.
Virtual Christian College Fairs – Check out the link below!Christian College Fairs
“In Christ are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.”
~ Colossians 2:3 ~